Tuna OR Salmon Burgers
3 15 oz cans salmon
2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup pureed pumpkin
2 frozen dill cubes
salt and pepper to taste
mix all ingredients together and form into 12 balls
spray or coat a pan with oil
cook salmon burgers on both sides until golden brown
1. use fresh salmon in place of canned
2. use left over roasted squash or sweet potato instead of pumpkin
3. Asian burgers: replace onions in the recipe with leeks, add 1 tsp sesame oil, 2 tsp soy sauce and 1 tsp ground ginger to the recipe. Omit crushed dill. If you like it spicy top with ½ tsp sriracha sauce
4. Greek salmon burger: omit crushed dill. Chop ½ cup sliced black olives and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Top with ½ oz crumbled feta cheese and red onion sliced
5. Replace a hamburger bun with a lettuce leaf for a low carb main
6. Choose canned tuna instead of salmon
7. If you don’t want to use the stove, these can also be made my preheating the oven to broil and placing them in on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. Cook on five minutes each side or until golden on both
Pumpkin lentil soup
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
2–6 garlic cloves, diced
3 ribs celery, chopped (3/4 cup)
3 carrots, chopped
2 cups red lentils
7–8 cups vegetable broth or water
The remainder of the large can of pumpkin!
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Add all ingredients to the pot and come to a boil.
2. Turn down and let simmer for thirty minutes or until the lentils are cooked fully through
Creamy Mushroom Soup:
4 cups mixed button and cremini mushrooms
4-6 Portebello Mushrooms
2 cloves of garlic, diced
2 small yellow onions
1 leek diced
2 tbsp olive oil
6 cups low sodium chicken stock or water
In a large stock pot add 2 tbsp olive oil over high heat
Add diced onion, leeks and garlic and sweat for 5 minutes over medium heat until they start to soften
Add mushrooms and sweat for 20 more minutes until most of the liquid comes out of the mushrooms
Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Blend with an immersion blender and enjoy!
Pan seared Chicken with a mushroom sauce
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 6-8 thighs)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, diced
1/4 cup flour (or gluten free flour)
2 cups mushroom soup
2 tbsp soy sauce
Heat olive oil in a covered skillet, and diced garlic and soften for 2 minutes
In the mean time pat chicken dry and dredge both sides in flour or gluten free flour
Add chicken to the pan and sear for 2-3 minutes on both sides
Add mushroom soup, and soy sauce and when bubbling reduce to medium heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until fully cooked through!
Serve over rice!