Sometimes I just need an all purpose recipe- and that’s what I love about quiche! This quiche can make a healthy and filling dinner all in one pan, with leftovers perfect for lunch, or even breakfast the next day!
My husband is always willing to try new foods, but vegetables are far from his favourite thing! What better way to eat your veggies than coated in a silky and delicious “soufflé” mixture. Be sure to make some extra sautéed veggies to have on hand for omelettes, or tomorrow night’s stir fry!
2 flour tortillas
* 4 cups chopped “soft vegetables” sautéed
2 tbsp light mayonnaise
3 eggs + 2 egg whites beaten
3/4 cup skim milk
1 cup shredded low fat cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. spray the bottom of a round pie plate and line with the 2 tortillas so that the entire surface is covered.
3. mix eggs, mayonnaise, milk and cheese in a bowl until smooth
4. fill the “crust” with the vegetable mixture
5. pour egg mixture over vegetable mixture and bake for 1 hour or until cheese is browned
*soft vegetables include: onions, mushrooms. zucchini, peppers, kale, spinach, cauliflower.
chop into bite sized pieces and sautee in 1 tbsp oil + 1/2 cup water until vegetables are tender, adding water as needed