normally schnitzel is coated in a thick batter and deep fried, but not today my friends- not today!
Today I introduce you to a new kind of schnitzel. I know what you are thinking, if it’s not fried it can’t be good and that is where you are wrong! The almond meal toasts up beautifully in the oven so that you can still get that crispy golden goodness without the added fat of frying.
Just don’t try saying the name with your mouth full- it’s a mouth full in itself 🙂
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced in half
3 cups gluten free breadcrumbs
1 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
1 cup cornstarch
2 tbsp garlic powder
dried herbs to taste
1. combine almond meal garlic, herbs, and breadcrumbs on one plate- you can feel free to add any spices you want to the dry mixture eg. chili powder, cumin or any other spices you like!
2. crack eggs into a bowl and beat lightly
3. add corn starch to another bowl
4. coat pieces one at a time in cornstarch, then eggs, then dry mixture and place on a lined cookie sheet
5. Bake at 425F for fifteen minutes, flip and bake for another fifteen and enjoy!