This recipe makes enough for a crowd- but trust me there won't be any leftovers!
2 cup quinoa, dry
1 red onion, peeled and diced
1 tbsp olive oil
2 gloves garlic, crushed
3/4 cup sliced dried apricots
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp cinnamon
juice of one clementine (or 1/8 cup orange juice)
salt and pepper to taste
1. cook quinoa in a rice cooker with 4 cups water
2. heat oil in a nonstick skillet
3. Add red onion and garlic and sautee until transluscent
4. Add cumin, cinnamon, dried fruit and orange juice and cook for one more minute.
5. Add cooked quinoa and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste